Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Put the house on the market! Lots of work to do!

The backyard fence and the patio before they got attacked by me:)
...And after! Doesn't look like much but seriously, hours of digging in the dirt, dust and bugs. I stained the porch! The Jim Tiner in me came out in full bloom.
We wanted to replace our 1980's lighting for our pictures Ryan the realtor was going to take Tuesday morning. This lighting story took all day on Monday and into the night... I tried to paint the old ones and that didn't go over so well:) We got two cool new ones. The first one was a breeze, the second one was at the highest pitch of our roof, like 25 feet in the air. In order to reach it we needed our Island, the kitchen table, and a 8 foot ladder on TOP of it. Bill is only scared of a few things in this world, one being mice ( wish I coulda got a picture at Girls Camp of him jumping 6 feet every time he saw a mouse. It makes me tear up laughing thinking about it!) and the other being heights. So my little light fixture hero was on this ladder on a table ALL night. We went to Home Depot 4 times on that day because we would get the light in finally and it wouldn't light up. Finally they gave us a nicer light for the same price because I pitched a small fit right before they closed. Every time I had to to brace the ladder I would giggle to myself silently so hard it hurt my abs because I could feel him twitching. Then I had to go up the ladder at one point, and I never laughed again, that was so high! I felt really bad:(

Old one I tried to paint brown. No bueno. And Ugly.



Don't mess.
the apparatus



The final work! So cute! I love our two new lights! They almost cost Bill's life, Edgar the Home Depot guy's life and our marriage, but by midnight, look how it all came together. Awesome.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

wow ang! I have never even been to your house! Now that you are apart of the blog world I have seen the bathroom, kitchen/dining area, and back yard! it is beautiful!