Sunday, January 17, 2010

Disneyland 2009!

The Carter side of our family is basically in love with Disneyland, especially Bill's dad, Jim. Hilarious. So, a couple weeks before Christmas we all flew down to meet up for a day at the happiest place on earth (minus Liam and Jay who are on missions:(). I had not been to the magical kingdom since I was 9 so I didn't really know what to expect. It was awesome. So funny and truly everyone is grinning and laughing. ( the workers at least were, we literally ran into pushy moms with NFL player determination looks on their faces with 15 kids and 6 strollers too haha) I quickly realized there was a pattern and tradition to how the Carters roll at Disneyland. First, you get the park hopper pass and show up at 8 am when they open and you stay until dark. Die hard. Head directly to the fun rides that will have long lines later, like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones. Grab a churro or 6. Head straight to Buzz Lightyear, then Buzz Lightyear and one more round of Buzz Lightyear. Alex usually schools everyone points wise and has very specific strategies for hitting the targets, that I am positive are rigged:) Then it's on to Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion. Eventually you make your way to California Adventure where we went on the coolest ride ever called Soarin' over California. Seriously you feel like you are flying- awesome. You eat at some point and pay 15 bucks for gross food, but nobody seemed to care because you wash it down with a killer churro and soda. Then repeat the whole process till everyone is tuckered out and ready to go home. They have a new-age Buzz Lightyear at California Adventure and I doubled Bill's score. Oh yeah.
My camera of course died so these super awesome quality pictures are from my powerful 2.0 pixel phone camera:)

Main Street, U.S.A Disneyland




The cool hotel we stayed in, only I would be this stoked about the hotel. I'm easily amused I guess.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Check your face in that pic where you're playing that game with Bill. Geeeez. Lighten up! Just a game... :) Really though, you beat him? Awesome. I'd love to beat Derek in a game. It'd be fun to see him squirm. :)