Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time to go out with a bang...

One of Bill's friends from high school got married and conveniently had their reception while we were in the Bay Area. I have been a real grandma lately and forgot what it was like to get down, like the real world outside of Utah does:) We walked into this chic venue in the Industrial area of San Francisco. There was a red carpet, mirrors, chandeliers, and killer food. I thought being the mormons we are, we'd be over dressed wearing church clothes, but I didn't know what else to wear. YEAH RIGHT. The women were in straight up prom get ups. Flowing dresses, every color. I felt under dressed....better than over dressed though:)The party went LATE into the night. Way past my bedtime. Especially my pregnant bedtime. I tried to be a trooper because all of Bill's friends from kindergarten were all under one roof so it was fun for him, and actually for me too. They were quick to remind me what a catch Bill was and that I better treat him right...at least 4 of his buddies said something to this effect. Cute.
So, the mother of the groom wanted a picture of all tne childhood friends who have stayed pretty close, I was thinking 4 or 5 dudes. Nope. More like 12. They all still talk and my jaw hit the floor. These guys are 30+ years old. This is something I totally admire about my hubs. He is so good at keeping in touch with friends. He is the only LDS one out of all these cute boys and they ADORE Bill despite his radically different choices that had to be made over the years. I wish I was this good at staying in touch with friends, or better yet I wish I had this many quality friends in highschool to keep in touch with!

The party from the 2nd floor...too bad we don't drink because they had an open bar and a bunch of fun looking drinks. By the time we left the crowd had started to dance and sway and slur their speech and I realized they wouldn't even remember us being there...our cue to peace out:) Fun though, and back to real life the next morning. Back to school and work and oh yes, snow.


1 comment:

P+B said...

Hey Bill and angie! I swear Im not a stalker, I just happened accross your blog! anyways... SO cute. hope you guys are fabulous!