Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

We FINALLY found out that our little baby is a BOY! We have gone 3 times to find out so this was a long time coming...I realized today that I haven't really blogged about this pregnancy much. So, sorry for the boring post, this is mostly for my own memory. I thought I would blog a few things for next time I decide to do something this crazy:) I was sick from day one. I tried everything everyone told me like ginger this and ginger that, lollipops, Mommy's bliss supplements, aromatherapy, cranberry pills, herb tea and so on. Nothing worked. I only ate potatoes in any form, mashed mostly, and cornbread. ( yes I put on half the weight I've gained in those few short weeks:) Until one glorious day around 12 weeks ( thank you Steph) I tried Unisom and B-6 at night. BEAUTY. Changed my life. I would wake up 98% myself and was able to sleep and it killed the nausea somehow. Also around this time, if I ate more than a bowl of cereal, my back hurt. Weird, I know. It still happens. I bribe Bill nightly to rub my back. The baby has been in constant motion since 20 weeks pretty much, sometimes it keeps me awake at night, kinda sweet, kinda troublesome because Angie not pregnant NEEDS sleep or I become a crazy person. Cravings: Bread in any form and Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Spicy food. Fresh food, like veggies and fruit. Yogurt with granola. Lately, diet A&W root beer has been my best friend. Aversions: the grocery store till around 15 weeks, pets ( dogs & cats), most processed crap food with the exception of a bomb PB&J on great harvest white bread:), mint anything makes me sweat and gag, red meat except Red Robin hamburgers, bad smells make me gag, doing dirty dishses does too along with brushing my teeth. The first 12 weeks pretty much everything and everyone made me gag. To wrap it up, I have had a great 2nd trimester. Going back to the gym has been magic for my mood and energy levels. I feel great all day, fantastic actually, until about 9 pm when I need to lay down and chill or even go to bed. I can eat pretty much whatever, no mint still. The 3rd has been great so far, getting a little more uncomfortable everyday though so I can feel that I'm in the home stretch and I am getting so excited! T minus 11 weeks.

7 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

So exciting!!! I'm really happy for the two of you! Keep us updated!!

THE GOULDINGS said...

So I was peeing about the mint thing! That's how I was too. Mint is the all time grossest thing when you are pregnant! I love that you are writing down all your feelings, cravings, aversions and anything else you want to about your pregnancy... I didn't! So I love it. Can't wait for this 11 weeks to fly by!

Unknown said...

A little baby boy! How sweet. I am SO excited for you Ang! You are going to be such a good mama and one hilarious mama too! You always know to make people laugh. I have always loved that about you.

Steph said...

YAY!!! Now you can start buying stuff. Finally. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Ang! Now you are in the club! haha! I thought I already invited you and you were already one of my blogging buds...sorry about that! I must have sent it to an old email address.

Unknown said...

Jovie made me hit the button... Glad we can keep tabs on eachother now. I love the new blog pic and background by the way. I still don't know how to do a custom one...so props to ya!

JenErik said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I'm also SO grateful that you are feeling better - makes it all the more fun and exciting. I'm so excited to see pictures. Miss you!