Friday, July 31, 2009

Our honeymoon in Pismo Beach, CA






Our honeymoon was awesome and came in perfect timing. Our fall semester was insanely busy and we were anxious to get the crap away from freezing cold weather & the snow. We stayed at a really cool little resort called The Cliffs. Our room had a little balcony that looked over the Pacific Ocean and no one was there due to our impecable timing of getting married the day AFTER New Year's! We ate at lots of cool hole-in-the-wall places and caught up on much needed sleep. We went to a butterfly sanctuary, the Monterey Bay Aquarium , downtown San Luis Obispo for Woodstock Pizza, tide pools, and the most memorable experience of hiking around on rocky cliffs with the ocean crashing and dropping one of my wedding bands in the ocean. Really super awesome. You would have thought someone died as people watched me sob on the rocks while my knight in shining armor debated jumping in. Luckily, it wasn't my main diamond band, but very sad nonetheless. We got home just in time to start school the next day and jump right back into our crazy lives. Bill's sister Holly had been living with Bill and we got really close. She and I switched living arrangements, she moved down to Provo into my condo and I moved to Salt Lake. I transferred jobs, schools and homes all at once and yet it was all worth it:)

No comments: