Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I luh me some California produce.

Thought I'd log how amazing the fruit stand we frequent every other Monday is......for a grand total of $29.06 we brought home:
1 bunch of kale, celery, 4 cucumbers, 3bunches of cilantro, 6 roma tomatoes, 3 baskets of raspberries, 1 head purple cabbage, 2 red peppers, leeks, 4 pounds of strawberries, 2 bags spinach, 2 lbs grapes, 3 heirloom tomatoes, 7 nectarines, 2 heads romaine, 5 onions, 11 AVOCADOS, yes 11, 2 purple onions, 4 jalapenos, 2 lbs green beans and 7 fuji apples. I might've even forgot some stuff. We LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE living here alone over the produce. Bill & I are fruit and veggie people so I get rediculously excited for the produce stand shopping day. It's 20 mins up Hwy 1 and a gorgeous drive. Today I took a couple of friends to show them my little gem, they fell in love too. My mom was just here and I need to blog about it because it was by FAR the best event of the year so far...here's our bi-monthly pile of treasures:)

3 comments:

Brittny said...

um you know how jealous I am over here with my jar of peanut butter and cool whip... haha! I wish I had an awesome fruit stand next to my house! I may just have to move next to you so that we can frequent it together:) miss you!

joyful704 said...

saw your blog on facebook.....do tell, where is this produce market???

joyful704 said...

saw your blog on facebook.....do tell, where is this produce market???